The Mitsubishi ASX, also known as the Outlander Sport in some markets, is a compact crossover SUV that has been in production since 2010. It has gained a reputation as a reliable, versatile, and stylish vehicle that offers great value for money. Here, we will discuss the key features of the Mitsubishi ASX.
The Mitsubishi ASX has a sleek and modern design that gives it a sporty look. The front of the vehicle features a bold grille with chrome accents and sharp LED headlights that provide excellent visibility. The side profile of the ASX is characterized by a rising beltline that gives the vehicle a sense of forward momentum. The rear of the car features LED tail lights and a rear spoiler that enhances the ASX’s sporty appearance.
The interior of the Mitsubishi ASX is comfortable, with more room for passengers and cargo. The seats are supportive, and the driver’s seat is adjustable for height and lumbar support. The cabin is also well-insulated, making for a quiet and comfortable ride. The dashboard is well-designed and easy to use, with intuitive controls and a user-friendly touchscreen display.
The Mitsubishi ASX comes with various technology features that enhance the driving experience. These include:
- Smartphone integration – The ASX is equipped with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, allowing you to connect your smartphone to the car’s infotainment system and access your favorite apps, music, and contacts.
- Rearview camera – The ASX has a standard rearview camera, making it easy to back up and park in tight spaces.
- Automatic climate control – ASX’s automated climate control system ensures that you and your passengers stay comfortable no matter the weather.
- Keyless entry and ignition – ASX’s keyless entry and ignition system allows you to start the car and unlock the doors without taking the key out of your pocket.
- Adaptive cruise control – The ASX’s adaptive cruise control system uses radar to ensure a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you, making highway driving less stressful and more efficient.
The Mitsubishi ASX is powered by a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that delivers 148 horsepower and 145 lb-ft of torque. The engine is paired with a continuous variable transmission (CVT), providing smooth and efficient acceleration. The ASX is available in front-wheel and all-wheel drive configurations, providing better traction and stability on slippery roads.
The Mitsubishi ASX has many safety features that ensure your peace of mind on the road. These include:
- Forward collision warning – The ASX’s forward collision warning system uses radar to detect potential collisions and alerts the driver via visual and audible alarms.
- Lane departure warning – The ASX’s lane departure warning system alerts the driver if the vehicle drifts out of its lane without signaling.
- Automatic emergency braking – ASX’s automated emergency braking system can detect an imminent collision and apply the brakes if the driver doesn’t respond in time.
- Blind spot warning – The ASX’s blind spot warning system alerts the driver if a vehicle is in the blind spot, helping to prevent accidents during lane changes.
- Rear cross-traffic alert – The ASX’s rear cross-traffic alert system uses radar to detect vehicles approaching from the sides when backing up, making it easier to avoid collisions.
The ASX has a panoramic sunroof that lets in plenty of natural light and fresh air, making the cabin feel more spacious and airy.
Rockford Fosgate Sound System
The ASX can be equipped with a premium Rockford Fosgate sound system that delivers crisp, clear audio and deep bass.
Hill Start Assist
The ASX’s hill start assist system is designed to make starting on an uphill slope easier and safer. When the driver discharges the brake pedal and applies the throttle, the system holds the brakes for a few seconds to prevent the vehicle from rolling backward. This gives the driver time to shift from the brake pedal to the accelerator pedal and start moving forward without worrying about the car rolling back.
Power Folding Mirrors
The ASX’s power folding mirrors can be easily adjusted and folded in at the touch of a button, making it easier to park in tight spaces and reducing the risk of damage to the mirrors.
The ASX’s front seats can be equipped with heating elements that provide warmth and comfort during cold weather.
Multi-View Camera System
The ASX’s multi-view camera system is designed to provide a 360-degree view of the car’s surroundings, making parking and navigating tight spaces more manageable. The system uses cameras mounted on the vehicle’s front, rear, and sides to create a composite view displayed on the infotainment screen. The driver can choose between different views, such as a top-down view or a 180-degree view from the rear of the vehicle, to get a better sense of the vehicle’s surroundings. This makes parking in tight spaces, avoiding obstacles, and maneuvering in close quarters manageable.
LED Fog Lights
The ASX’s LED fog lights provide excellent visibility in foggy or inclement weather, helping to improve safety on the road.
Automatic High Beams
The ASX’s automatic high beam system is designed to make driving at night safer and more convenient. It uses sensors mounted on the front of the vehicle to detect oncoming traffic and automatically switches between high and low beams depending on the driving conditions. When it detects an oncoming car, the system will switch to low beams to prevent blinding the other driver and then switch back to high beams once the vehicle has passed.
The ASX’s power liftgate can be opened and closed at the touch of a button, making it easy to load and unload cargo.
The Mitsubishi ASX is a well-rounded and versatile compact SUV that offers a range of features to enhance the driving experience. Its modern design, spacious interior, advanced technology and safety features, and efficient performance make it a great choice for anyone looking for a reliable and practical vehicle.